Saturday, June 4, 2011

Words can Kill

Tat day I went for a briefing for my invigilation work on Sun.
Total 5 person, including me, exam-in-charge,
the rest all above 50, wif huge experience.
Some former retired sch teacher.

The in-charge was briefing this lady,
I'll call her Miss A.
it's her 1st attempt on the assignment.

Her role, toilet lead invigilator,
wif few subordinates working wif her.
Her responsibility
is to prevent cheating when candidates
visit the washroom.

The in-charge told her:
"When candidates go to the washroom,
make sure ur people go in wif them,
physically go into the toilet wif them,
to prevent them frm using phones.


Miss A looked on wif eyes wide wide.
The in-charge repeated, to further drum this into her:

"Make sure they GO IN with them to the toilet"

Miss A, typical type of one who has a 'lost' look.
She retorted:

" U mean, go into the cubicle?"

All of us, except her, bursted out loud-
Spontaneous, hearty laughter.
Those 丹田笑 in strong sharp burst.


 "Hahaha..."

Before I knew it, amazingly,
all of them allowed themselves just 5sec of laughing,
then stopped. Back to business.


Shit. My machine can't stop.


I pictured her standing inside the cubicle,
staring at a befuddled female candidate
doing her business.

Worst, I looked at her again,
I really can't stop.

Instead of an embarrass smile
to excise the pai seh moment,
she wore the
"NO WAT, I thought u meant must 
go into the cubicle with them mah  " look.

Seems as if she's just concern 
whether to go into the cubicle or not.

The moment they stopped, u can hear a pin dropped in the room.
Senior ppl do have implicit mood-control-switch.
After laughing, it's as if it never happened.

I gave a grinding sound of compressed laughter.
Serious meeting yet I laugh @ppl when other's r not.
Sounds amateur if I were to continue laughing.

I desperately filled my mind with other thoughts.
Once I starts, seldom I can stop,
but I managed to pull off this.


Aftermath thoughts...

Sometimes when u have a qns,
instead of running it through ur mind,
u let it off frm ur mouth tactlessly.

Only after u said it, then u realised
how silly the qns might sound to others.
I believe everyone has experienced it before.
Said what u think, then feels like swallowing them back,
or dig a hole to hide.

Those who listen thus forms an opinion of u.

As the adage goes,
Words can kill.


No comments:

Post a Comment