Saturday, July 14, 2012

~PAIN~


Remember last time I blogged abt the 推拿 (massage)?

Sprained my ankle then kana "tortured"?

I sprained the joint between my thumb and my palm,
this time during soccer, & went back
to the same chinese clinic @Toa Payoh.


 morning queue




 Ren Ti Bao Jian



1st visit few days ago was painful,
but still bearable.
However days later still not recovered.
I went back again.
This time, he touched my thumb
and told me to take out my shirt.

Huh?! I was surprised.
Thumb pain take out shirt?

He explained I might have hurted my back,
as veins are connected from back to the thumb.

He pressed on my left back shoulder 
then on my right shoulder.
True as what he's trying to prove,
my right shoulder (right thumb injured) was stiffer.

He deduced me hurting my shoulder
quite some time ago during my sleep.

I didn't believe him at 1st, but after recalling,
yes, last yr I had a couple of stiff neck after my sleep.
If he didn't mention, I wouldn't have remembered.

"Your back shoulder already shifted down.
I will adjust it back"

My heart jumped. *sweat*
The scene of how he caused my pain came back.


the-no-nonsense sinseh @work

I was told to lie facing up with my right shoulder
at the edge of the bed,
and my left hand had to hold "tight" to the other side of the bed.

He told me:
"I am going to rotate and adjust your arm.
It might be painful. Just bear with it and stay relaxed."

He started the pull, and I felt the pain gushing to my whole body.
Then, he hold on to my still swollen thumb & did a twist.

Extremely excruciating pain.
Unable to describe thro words.
The twist caused my joint to dislocate,
I saw my thumb pointing upwards at a 45 degree,
distorted & to my disbelieve, I couldn't recognize my own thumb.
The flesh around the joint hollowed in,
and the area kept throbbing as if it was given a heart.
Am I a Japanese occupation victim?

Gosh, the pain was too extreme
my body convulsed as I shouted:
"MY THUMB!!!"

He continued his rotating of my arm,
totally ignoring my pled and my thumb.
Thus, my distorted thumb was left in the air.
I can see the curved thumb,
similar to those in vampire's movie,
with the pursuing throbbing,
while still rotating my arm.

After few rotation,
finally he held my thumb and twisted it back to original state.
Sharp pain again. 

After the ordeal I almost fainted.

Althought painful, this clinic has a good flow of customers.

Morning he only sees 6 customers,
afternoon 8.
No extra patient even if there is time.

This morning I brought my mum there.
Operating at 10.30am,
yet the queue started at 7 plus.
By 9 plus there were already 6 customers.

He's damn good to diagnose my ailment.
Despite the pain he inflicts,
people goes to him,
and makes recommendations to friends.

Just like what he told my mum
seldom u can find a true sinseh nowadays.




No comments:

Post a Comment