Monday, July 11, 2011

Transformers- Dark of the Moon






I'll do a terse one on this movie.

Transformers Dark of the Moon
has quite a handful of bad reviews tagged to it,
despite being the 3rd sequal riding on the famous robots.
Wat's wrong with the show?

I went to the cinema on Sunday.
Middle way into the show boredom inched in,
was quickly dispersed by the fighting scene,
esp the part when Decepticons
ripped the building for few running humans.

How I feel:

Hmm... It was okie.
Normal. Acceptable.
Not much "Wohoo"
Still the usual Transformers style.

Bad guy clashes wit the good,
heavy metals clashing heavy metals.
Good prevails as always.

It left me with this thought:
Will I still go to the cinema for the fourth sequal?

I thought hard why this nostalgic hero characters lost its charm on me.

1) No longer original
They'r robots, not alien.
The alien-looks got worse as each sequal goes.
I am beginning not able to distinguish
if I'm watching Aliens vs Predator or robots.

In the original cartoon play,
all robots transformed frm some objects.

The strange long-legged robots looks confusing.
Wat's tat actually?
Seems like they've joined
every spare metal parts frm hardware shop for this.

2) The intriguing transform
1st sequal I hit the cinema with lots of anticipation.
My eyes widely opened with each transform.
Making me nervous whether if the next robot
would be transformed from the toilet bowl.

Now, even the weird bird
transformed frm the photocopy machine
did not even tingle me.

Perhaps I've seen it too early
frm the photocopier ads.
They've lost their element of surprise.

3) The story
Same banal story.
Recovers some old robots (tat's similar to the 2nd),
then Decepticons tried to expel Autobots frm earth.

Why must they always bring out old robots?
To make things more laughable,
they even include beards, glasses on the old ones.

I was worried the next sequal will be on
two old robots playing chess, 
talking abt colour fading on parrot,
whistling at girl,
then going for a cancer screening together.

However put yrself in the script-writer's view.
Wat else can u write on Transformers?
They'r unlike X-men where u can follow a script.
Or avatar with a new script,
bogged by some family issues.

They can only revolve ard earth, human, robots.

Unless they decided to turn the heat
by concocting an avatar to fall in love with a robot.

My Review:
TWO OUT OF FIVE
Give credits for them on the destruction effects,
the falling buildings.
Let's hope for surprises for the next one.

Will I go to the cinema?
Ans: It all depends on the preview.

No comments:

Post a Comment