Friday, May 6, 2011

Pao Xiang Bah Kut Teh


Pao Xiang


Noon tme, I was @Pao Xiang to try their bah kut teh.

Large restaurant space,
with alot of empty tables.

The store was covered with posters of
mouth-watering bah kut,
taken @their very best angle.




四大天王


Even appearing, their very own 四大天王 poster.
promoting their 小骨,大骨,中骨。。。etc etc.
Wonder which 骨 Aaron Kwok belongs.

I saw their menu and got a shock, which I'll touch on later.




Bah Kut Teh


I told the guy I wanted normal bah kut,
when my orders came,
frm the appearance, not bad.

They told me the BAH was cooked with herbal.
Okie, my spoon stirred the soup and sipped.

Disappointingly, the herbal
was not strong to make any impact.
It did not have tat desired herbal fragrant.

Although having said so, the meat was tender,
quite easy to rip the meat off their bones.

After 10mins of eating,
bubbles started popping out frm the soup,
followed by sizzling sound.
Solid fuel well hidden in the secret compartment of the bowl.



warming in progress


When I went to the cashier,
damn heart-aching.


Take a look...


Receipt
 
 
Bah Kut= $9.80
White rice= $1.20
If u think a bowl of white rice for $1.20 is shocking,
wait till u hear this...

I saw in the menu, a small bowl of you tao for $2.
FAINTZ!





No comments:

Post a Comment