Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hello Stranger

 Hello Stranger

A Thai film reminiscent of Korea's 'My Sassy Girl',
drawing numerous positive reviews frm friends.

Can this filmed in Korea's romance-comedy
proves a good fight to the arrays of romance movies?
For me- never a fancy of Thai movies,
only some of their ghostly movies can ring a bell.

To find out hw good it is,
mi+Wifey headed dwn to catch it- before it closes.

Surprisingly after weeks of screening,
the theater was almost full,
despite its lack of advertising.

The Story:

Two strangers for some reasons,
travel alone to tour Korea.
Starting off as girl irritates by the sight of the guy,
as the story ages, serendipity,
their romance blossoms (old-sch again!)


How I feel:

Before u hit on the 'condemn' button for yet another dull story,
hear me out.

It is a show tat is able to develop the characters,
which is vital for romantic flicks.
The characters have to relate to us.
Vital to decide whether the audience takes out their tissues at the end.
And I am surprised they did just as well on tat.

None of the scene has any confounding Thai jokes or culture
tat bewilders u.

Of course, another impt factor which before I enter the theater I worried abt:
The "PIG LEGS" have to be pleasant to the eyes
to be able to tie us up romantically.


Tat worry was uncalled for as the female cast looks as sweet as Fiona Xie,
and the guy is cute (also in terms of character).

There is also the strong humor factor.
I am sure u'll find at least one scene when u'll "LOL".
Funny indeed. Enjoyable.


Of course, we want them to be together in the end.

I've tot it would be a Ribena-ending:
Long run towards each other, followed by a tight hug,
then down the curtains.

A stylish end frm a Thai-made movie was nvr on my mind.
The ending, however, ends in a unique way.
I quite like the way it ended.


My Review:
3 1/2 OUT OF FIVE
A hilarious, romantic film that is comparable to 'The Sassy Girl',
it's a must watch movie of the year.

If u r a follower of my blog,
u'll kw i seldom give high preview.
Instead of a '3', i decided to give another extra
1/2 points for their efforts to entertain us.

Irregardless of scared till we wet our pants,
shock till our hearts thumps,
sad till we pull tissues,
worried till we eye big big,
happy till we LOL -
A good movie, in my view,
must be able to entertain us,
roller-coast our feelings in watever directions.

In the middle of the show i've heard laughter,
end of the show, mild sobs.

Guess that's a credible feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment