Sunday, January 15, 2012

one missing word

Just nw I went shopping for CNY goodies,
bought some for my godmum.

I reached her place with a tired body and vacuous mind.
At the height of my hibernation,
one female cousin saw me, congratulated me,
started a conversation.

"Congrats!"

"Oh... Thanks thanks..."

"How's ur baby?"

"Ok...cranky at times"

"Did u feed her breast milk?"

"Got ah, but now less. Now on formulated milk."

"Why the mother don't feed breast milk?"

"Oh. Because she got no breast."

She looked at me bewildered face,
as if I've just dropped a bomb.


I realized my mistake immediately-
Haha. No breast?!
She might be thinking what is happening to the breast.

Direct one word to one word translation from chinese “奶”
caused my mind to come out with single-word "breast" only.

I quickly continued my statement naturally to sound as if I've being pausing to catch a breath...

"...milk!... no breast milk"


Sia! Malu like dunno wat...

No comments:

Post a Comment