Sunday, August 21, 2011

Fill in the blanks

I am going to be a dad this coming christmas.

Our gynecologist is @Toa Payoh,
and he enjoys a huge stream of customers.

Our decision to engage him was based on googling.

On our 1st visit for confirmation of the pregnancy,
the doc did the necessary test,
when he went to his seat he congratulated us
for contributing to Spore's population.

Our subsequent visits were followed
by lots of crappy jokes
tat r unidirectional-
he cracks cold, crappy jokes
which we did not even reply to.
Wearing our smiles to entertain him in case he charges us more.

Whenever wifey complained of unwell,
he pointed his finger and said it's my fault.
Until I abit depressed
& started to believe it's my fault.

Then there was this particular visit.
Which I wanna share.

An important one.

The visit to unveil the child's gender.

While doing the scan,
he stared at his equipment screen,
and questioned us whether we prefer a boy or a girl.

Wifey replied a boy,
and as he placed his eyes on me,
I replied wif a similar yet soft answer,
in case he criticized me for being sexist.

Studying the details,
he smiled and typed in the answer on the screen,
as we gaped wif anticipation.

Grinning, he typed the word...

M_ _ _

These were exactly wat we saw on the screen.

Gosh, our hearts jumped.
Fortified when we considered his grinning.

I guess ur assumption is as good as ours.
I counted the missing blanks to see if it matches.
One...Two...Three...Four...

Come on! we r just so used to fill up those letters
in the gender column.

We exclaimed~ "MALE"?!

Still wearing the cheeky smile,
he decided to reveal the long awaited answer.

Stabbing his keyboard,
he filled up the missing letters on the screen...

" MISS "

I felt like slapping him.
Not becoz of the girl issue, but becoz
his unexpected answer also a four letter word,
tat differs frm the word we'r so familiar wif
when we fill up the empty slot for our gender.

Clearly, he did not fill up enough of those forms.

However, wat a ruse tat's a good one.

To add to our disappointment,
he added:

" Sorrrry! 
My equipment tends to come out 
results tat r opposite to wat u said."

To further play us,
he typed in these words below the "MISS" to form-

" MISS 
WORLD "

 A tummy tat is HER WORLD.

I almost snatched his syringe to poke his backside.


Becoz of his successful stunt,

I replied his joke for the 1st tme.

" Can we re-start the whole process again, 
I go out, then open the door?"

Hahaha!
He laughed so heartedly, making me feel like
the 1st person to reply to his joke.

Anyway I don't think it's becoz
I paid not enuff then kana sabo.
Believe it's his script for a baby girl.

Thumbs up to him for this one,
tat can amuse him during work.
I wondered wat the boy's one is?


Frankly, happy wif a girl as well.
We'r not sexist.
Girl girl can doll her up.
Ponytailed her up.
Health is our only primacy.

Our preferences r just for a safe bet.
Even if the result is a boy,
we would like a girl girl as well.
Guess this what they say grass is greener on the other side,
or rather, the common desire to have both gender.

Wat I kw is, I have the first word to form a "好" 字.

No comments:

Post a Comment