Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Operation Ordeal

Had an operation to remove a small lipoma on my right arm.

It was a frightening experience.

I was told to change to their patient's robe,
ushered to wait outside the operating room.

There, I saw via the glass that there was a group of busy nurses,
wearing gloves, putting on their face masks, clearing some used tissues.

I tot I've heard them sharpening their knives.

Seated on the chair outside,
feeling damn cold, scared.
Was chilled by cold aircon inside,
guess one who's scared will feel cold even under the sun.

I waited for quite some time,
as they had some forms erroneously filled-up.
Thus, extending my distress.

Before I ever regain any composure,
they called for me.

I tried every steps to walk in straight line.
Cannot show any signs of panicking.

I was told to lie on the bed,
then told to sleep sideways for their ease of operating on my arm.
I was given a pillow to hug for comfort.

As I turned sideways, the robe I was wearing exposed my bare back.
Tink Lin Chiling's bare back met her strongest opponent.
Of course, they put on a blanket for me shortly
in case the nurses can't concentrate,
or perhaps they might plunge the cut deeper.

Numerous nurses tried to instruct me for the best position,
as if models doing their photo shoot.

Then they injected anesthetic on my lipoma lump.
Mins later they checked the numbness by poking me wif needle.

The most feared began.
I could feel someone slicing my skin,
altho the feeling was quite numb and limited.
Tat's not the scary part.

The most scary part was @one point when
they pulled opened my skin.
I felt as if my skin was a rubber band being stretched.
The stretching pressure, the sensation made me shiver.
I was damn scared, almost fainted.
Lucky laying sideways with the pillow can prevent urinating.
If not they might have another extra step to do.

They cleaned my wound and stitched it.
Four stitches.
Fortunately stitching time I couldn't feel anything.
They also showed me the villain tat caused this misery.

When I got off the bed,
they kept asking me whether m I giddy.
"No, I'm just feeling cold"
I replied, wif convulsion.

After the ordeal, I was relieved.

We always ask for wealth.
In life, what can be more impt than health?

No comments:

Post a Comment