Friday, September 21, 2012

who is richer?



This afternoon near a kopi shop,
saw one aunty living behind my hse.

She sat at a corner,
extending her hand out,
while an aunty searched frantically
& gave her a $2 note.

The "begger" lives in 3 storey bungalow.
 Altho she wears dirty & repeating clothings daily.

The philanthropic aunty must have secretly
smiled at herself for doing a good deed.

She'll be flaming if she knows where she lives.

Back to the "begger".
She always cycles ard my district,
and was slightly insane.
She has a sad story behind.
Heard frm her bro,
she used to be a normal child,
which changed after a thunderous day/night.

Of course, not supernatural reason,
just that when she was young,
she was startled by loud thunderous sounds,
until she broke into fever.
Constant high fever,
plus lack of medical attention changed her.

Back to begging.

Once when having supper,
an old uncle,
damn quite old, 70 plus,
white hair, feeble movements,
approached me.

"弟,我没钱吃饭,很饿,给我两块!"

I saw his age and thought of the hunger.
I gave him the money.

I saw him a couple of times approaching others.
He always hungry?

Few weeks later, at the bus stop,
I heard an aunty shouting at him.

"U only know how to bet,
don't bet if u got no money!

Beg those money for gambling,
people at your age shld know how to think!"

So surprising,
guess he've made quite a sum for his hobby.
He stood poker-faced as I wondered if the scolding hit him.

Another day I saw him approaching another.
That guy told him if you hungry I order some food for u,
while u eat infront of me.
As expected, the old man walked off.

Guess tat guy knows his hobby,
his fancy of making best use of his age
and appearance for easy money.

The most power one I saw happened at the bus interchange.
The guy who begged went dwn his knees,
cried and begged profusely+loudly
at a women who was damn fustrated.
Powerful, make people Pai Seh then they'll give.


Also, at orchard,
everyday there will be an aunty with her own chair,
selling tissues.

She wears so clean+nice,
those Ah Ma's flowery silky clothings,
accompanied with bangles and jade,
perhaps even my Ah Ma might lose to her.

I have a feeling she lives orchard.
Just too bored at home.

These people who doesn't need the money
spoils the market.

There will always be people who needs help,
just that they'r mixed & obscured by these grp.

When u give,
u never know who's richer.
The next time u give, make a guess!


No comments:

Post a Comment